About Student-Athlete Reinstatement (SAR)
SAR is a team within the NCAA's academic and membership affairs department. The SAR staff processes violations and waivers that directly affect the eligibility of a prospective student-athlete or an enrolled student-athlete.
When an NCAA member school self-reports a violation, all eligibility issues are addressed first and as quickly as possible. Then, if the violation has institutional responsibility, it is forwarded to the NCAA's enforcement staff to be processed as a secondary or major infraction case.
The mission of the SAR program is to keep the student-athlete at the forefront of each decision by evaluating individual factors while maintaining consistency and fairness for the membership and all student-athletes through a professional, service-oriented process.
Requests/Self-Reports Online (RSRO)
Student-Athlete Reinstatement Submission Process
Instructions To Submit an Application To Student-Athlete Reinstatement Through RSRO.
- On the menu bar above, click on the Home tab.
- In the My Apps Links, click on Requests/Self-Reports Online*.
- Click on the Request or Self-Report.
- Select from the drop-down menu to begin a request.
- If you have questions or have trouble with submission of your waiver request, please send an email with your issue to email@example.com. Please provide the case number in your email.
*If RSRO does not appear on the My Applications tab, contact your institutional Single-Source Sign-On administrator to have the application added to your privileges.