Purpose: This committee’s primary charge is to determine interpretations of all Division II-specific legislation and incorporate new legislation and interpretations in the NCAA Manual.
The Legislation Committee also reviews and considers legislative issues of those portions of the Association’s constitution and bylaws that relate to the principles governing financial aid and amateurism, professional sports relations, recruiting, personnel limitations, and playing and practice seasons.
In addition, the committee consults with other Division II committees to review deregulation issues, and it reviews and considers issues regarding rules education and compliance resources.
Finally, the committee reviews and determines the facts related to the certification of a prospective student-athlete’s amateur status on request of an institution. An institution may make such a request if it disagrees with the determination of facts rendered by the NCAA Eligibility Center.
Composition: Twelve members, including two members of the Division II Management Council and one member of the Division II Student-Athlete Advisory Committee.
- June 2016: June 2016 Agenda | June 2016 Report
- March 2016: March 2016 Agenda | March 2016 Report
- November 2015: November 2015 agenda | November 2015 report
- September 2015: Spetember 2015 agenda | Spetember 2015 report
- June 2015: June 2015 Agenda | June 2015 Report
- March 2015: March 2015 Agenda | March 2015 Meeting Report
For previous documents, please fill out the Archived Document Request Form.