Purpose: The Championships Committee is the primary oversight group responsible for administering policies and procedures surrounding the division’s 25 championships. The committee oversees the budget and conduct of these championships, as well as the qualification and selection procedures for each. All Division II sport committees report directly to the Championships Committee. The committee also:
- Oversees applicable playing regulations in the areas of player safety, financial impact and image of the sport and approve appeals for exceptions to the applicable playing regulation when significant financial impact a may occur;
- Acts for the Division II Presidents Council and Management Council as the final authority regarding championship matters in Division II that are subject to appeal;
- Is responsible for issues involving college all-star football and basketball contests;
- Selects sports committee representatives, subject to ratification by the Management Council; and
- Administers the Division II Enhancement Fund.
Composition: Twelve members, including one member of the Division II Student-Athlete Advisory Committee and two members of the Division II Management Council. The vice chair of the Management Council shall serve as an ex officio, nonvoting member.
- November 2015: November 2015 agenda | November 2015 report | November 2015 electronic vote report
- October 2015: October 2015 agenda | October 2015 report
- September 2015: September 2015 agenda | September 2015 report
- August 2015: August 2015 Agenda | August 2015 Report
- July 2015: July 2015 Agenda | July 2015 Report
- June 2015: June 2015 Agenda | June 2015 Report
- May 2015: May 2015 Agenda | May 2015 Report
- February 2015: February 2015 Agenda | February 2015 Report
- October 2014: October 2014 Agenda | October 2014 Report
- September 2014: September 2014 Agenda | September 2014 Report | September 2014 Recap
- August 2014: August 2014 Agenda | August 2014 Report
- July 2014: July 2014 Agenda | July 2014 Report
For previous documents, please fill out the Archived Document Request Form.