The Subcommittee for Legislative Relief reviews requests to waive the normal application of NCAA legislation. NCAA member institutions or conferences have the ability to request a legislative relief waiver when no other committee/subcommittee has the authority to waive specific NCAA legislation. NCAA staff initially reviews legislative relief waiver requests submitted by member institutions or conferences. The subcommittee for legislative relief serves as an appellate body for all staff decisions that the membership wishes to appeal. The subcommittee has a standing weekly call to hear appeal requests. The call will be cancelled if no appeals are submitted within a given week. The subcommittee also has two teleconferences each year; one before the April Management Council meeting and one before the October Management Council meeting.
About the subcommittee
- March 2015: March 2015 Meeting Report
- September 2014: September 2014 Meeting Report
- March 2014: March 2014 Meeting Report
- Septeber 2013: September 2013 Meeting Report
- March 2013: March 2013 Meeting Report
- August2012: August 2012 Meeting Report