Purpose: The Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) serves as the primary governance arm representing student-athlete interests in Division II affairs. SAAC members serve as student-athlete liaisons that monitor and discuss happenings on campuses, within conference and at the national level.
Representatives are responsible for gathering feedback and reporting on behalf of their conference, as well as relaying important events, hot topics and educational information to both the campus and conference levels. In addition to relaying information across campuses and conferences, the committee speaks on behalf of the entire Division II student-athlete body throughout the NCAA governance structure.
Division II SAAC members serve as voting members on a number of Division II committees, including the Management Council. The SAAC also has voting authority during the Division II Business Session at the annual NCAA Convention.
Composition: Currently 27 members, including representatives from each of the 24 Division II multisport voting conferences, one representative of Division II independent institutions, and two at-large representatives. Additionally, two members of the Management Council and one member of the Presidents Council serve as ex-officio and nonvoting members.
The Division II SAAC Nominating Subcommittee selects national committee members from a diverse pool of candidates that conference offices submit. The Division II Management Council ratifies the appointments, and each student-athlete serves a non-renewable three-year term; however the student-athlete may serve only up to one year after exhausting his or her eligibility.
- January 2016: January 2016 Agenda | January 2016 Report
- November 2015: November 2015 Agenda | November 2015 Report
- July 2015: July 2015 Agenda | July 2015 Report | 2015 Summit Agenda |
- April 2015: April 2015 Agenda | April 2015 Report
- January 2015: January 2015 Agenda | January 2015 Report
- November 2014: November 2014 Agenda | November 2014 Report
- July 2014: July 2014 Agenda | July 2014 Report | July 2014 Summit Agenda
- April 2014: April 2014 Agenda | April 2014 Report
For previous documents, please fill out the Archived Document Request Form.
Division II legislation:
- SAAC Information Guide and Planning Resource
- DII SAAC Guide to Recruiting
- DII SAAC Facebook Document
- Conference SAAC Manual Guidelines
- "Do You Know?" Q&A Document
- Division II Strategic Positioning Platform
- 2016 Dr. Dave Pariser Award Nomination Form
- Dr. Dave Pariser Faculty Mentor Award FAQs
- August 2016 Social Media Newsletter
Led by the Division II Student-Athlete Advisory Committee, Division II schools raised more than $605,000 for Make-A-Wish during the 2014-15 academic year – the first time the division has surpassed $600,000. The amount raised sets a new Division II fundraising record, exceeding last year’s efforts by $37,000.
Twelve years ago, Division II began its alliance with Make-A-Wish, and since then it has raised nearly $4.1 million. That money has been used to grant wishes to more than 530 kids across the country with life-threatening medical conditions. According to a 2011 Wish Impact Study, the wishes can impact children’s fights against their illnesses, helping them feel better and, in some cases, get better.
More than 76 percent of Division II schools, including those in the process of gaining full membership, participated in raising money for Make-A-Wish. More than 240 schools from all 24 Division II conferences participated, including 100 percent participation from six conferences: the Conference Carolinas, East Coast Conference, Great Lakes Valley Conference, Heartland Conference, Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference and South Atlantic Conference. Because of the tremendous fundraising numbers across the division, in 2014-15 37 schools and one conference earned the opportunity to host a future wish reveal at a conference or campus event.
|Annual campaign totals (through 2014-15)|