The Silver Anniversary Awards recognize six distinguished former student-athletes on the 25th anniversary of the end of their intercollegiate athletics eligibility.
- The nominee must be a college graduate.
- The nominee must have received a varsity letter at an NCAA member institution and has achieved personal distinction since his or her graduation.
- Intercollegiate athletics eligibility must have been completed 25 years before the Convention date. Eligibility dates for the 2015 Honors Celebration: 1989-90 academic year.
- The nominee must attend the awards celebration held as part of the NCAA Convention in January.
- Collegiate athletics accomplishments – 1/3.
- Professional accomplishments, including contributions to professional organizations, charitable and civic activities – 2/3.
The NCAA Honors Committee selects the Silver Anniversary Award recipients in June.
- Nominations are submitted through the NCAA Program Hub (Nominations are accepted March 10 through May 2, 2014)
Silver Anniversary Award Contact Information:
NCAA Honors Program