The Silver Anniversary Awards recognize six distinguished former student-athletes on the 25th anniversary of the end of their intercollegiate athletics eligibility.
- The nominee must be a college graduate.
- The nominee must have received a varsity letter at an NCAA member institution and has achieved personal distinction since his or her graduation.
- Intercollegiate athletics eligibility must have been completed 25 years before the Convention date. Eligibility dates for the 2015 Honors Celebration: 1989-90 academic year.
- The nominee must attend the awards celebration held as part of the NCAAConvention in January.
- Collegiate athletics accomplishments – 1/3.
- Professional accomplishments, including contributions to professional organizations, charitable and civic activities – 2/3.
The NCAA Honors Committee selects the Silver Anniversary Award recipients in June.
- Nominations are submitted through the NCAA Program Hub (Nominations are accepted March 10 through May 2, 2014)
- Past recipients
Silver Anniversary Award Contact Information:
NCAA Honors Program
NCAA names 2014 Silver Anniversary Award winners
The 2014 recipients are Troy Aikman, Rodney Peete, Earl Martin Phalen, George Pyne, Katey Stone and Dara Torres. The NCAA will recognize the honorees at the Honors Celebration during the 2014 NCAA Convention in San Diego, Calif. Read the full story.