The NCAA requests volunteers to facilitate the NCAA Student-Athlete Leadership Forum (Leadership Forum). As a facilitator, you will teach curriculum and engage student-athletes, coaches, administrators and faculty in dialogue around personal development, leadership and association-wide and divisional topics.
To prepare you, the NCAA conducts a mandatory, three-day training that offers personalized feedback on your leadership style, teaches the skills of active and engaging facilitation, and acquaints you with the program curriculum.
The NCAA is looking for individuals who are:
- Currently employed at NCAA members institutions, conference offices and affiliate organizations.
- Able to volunteer to attend facilitator training and program dates.
- Dedicated to student-athlete well being.
- Willing to serve as a guide rather than expert.
- Willing to step back and learn.
- Willing to assess your leadership style.
- Open to constructive peer feedback.
- Able to provide constructive feedback in a positive way.
- Supportive of alternative methods of learning.
- Energetic and engaging.
Facilitator Training for the 2013 Leadership Forum
- September 12-15, 2013, NCAA National Office, Indianapolis, Indiana.
Upcoming Leadership Forums
- November 7-10, 2013, Providence, Rhode Island.
Covered Costs and Reimbursement Information
As a facilitator, the NCAA will provide you with a flight as well as hotel accommodations during both training and the forum. The NCAA will also provide the below benefits following each program:
- Per diem of $50 for each day that you are in attendance to cover the cost associated with airport parking in your hometown, meals outside of those that are a part of the programs and ground transportation from and to airport at training and the forum.
- You will be reimbursed the costs of one checked bag per flight.
- Mileage to the airport over 50 miles round trip.
2013 Leadership Forum Facilitator Application
- The deadline to apply has passed.
For more information regarding the NCAA Student-Athlete Leadership Forum, please contact:
Justin W. Paysinger
Assistant Director of Leadership Development