The NCAA Postgraduate Scholarship nomination is to be submitted by the faculty athletics representative (FAR) or by a FAR designee. It is the responsibility of the FAR or FAR designee to ensure all sections of the nomination are submitted to the NCAA national office not later than the sport season deadlines below.
Fall sports: January 15, 2014
Winter sports: March 31, 2014
Spring sports: June 16, 2014
FARs or FAR designees must nominate qualified student-athletes using the Postgraduate Scholarship Online Submission System. In total, there are five sections to be completed. Additionally, FARs must ensure that the nominee’s transcripts are submitted to the NCAA national office. The FAR or FAR designee requests the student-athlete's official transcripts be sent preferably by electronic mail to email@example.com or by mail to the NCAA national office. Faxed copies of transcripts will not be accepted. Emails will be sent from the online system to the student-athlete and three individuals for recommendations. The emails are generated after the FAR submits his or her nomination section.
1. FAR nomination: Includes a formal recommendation for the nominee.
2. Student-athlete section: To be completed by the nominee, which includes a formal personal statement.
3. Head coach recommendation.
4. Athletics administrator recommendation.
5. Professor recommendation.
Please note: All recommendations should be viewed as formal recommendations for the nominee.
- The FAR initiates the process by logging into the nomination system using the institution's organization identification and password. The organization identification and password are also used to submit the annual sports sponsorship requirements. If the FAR does not recognize or remember the log in information, he/she should contact the institution’s director of athletics, senior woman administrator, and/or compliance coordinator for that information.
- The individual nominating the student-athlete must identify himself/herself by title.
- The FAR should complete a separate nomination section for each student-athlete being nominated, by clicking on the link. Each NCAA member institution may nominate not more than five student-athletes per gender, per sport season.
- The FAR will complete the applicable sections of the nomination. FARs must provide email addresses for the nominee and three endorsers. The nominee and endorsers will each receive an email with links to instructions and the online system to log in and complete their sections. It is the responsibility of the FAR to check the status of the nomination to ensure that all individuals have completed their sections by the applicable nomination deadline.
- The FAR must provide information regarding the nominee’s academic progress.
- The FAR must provide a formal recommendation for the nominee. The nomination can then be submitted to the NCAA national office. The option is provided to submit the nomination with recommendation or to log back in at a later date (before the deadline) and submit the recommendation at that time. Submitting the nomination without the recommendation allows the FAR to have the e-mails generated by the online system to the nominee and three endorsers in the event that the FAR is not prepared to submit the recommendation at that time.
- The FAR will be able to view a status page when the nomination is submitted.
- The FAR may check the nomination status at a later date by using the link provided in the confirmation email. The confirmation email will be generated by the online system when the nomination is submitted. The FAR will be asked to log in using the nominee’s email address.
- The FAR my click on any of the section links to view the recommendations and student-athlete section.