COMMITTEE INFORMATION FOR INDIVIDUALS INTERESTED IN POSSIBLY SERVING ON NCAA COMMITTEES
NUMBER OF COMMITTEE MEMBERS :
GENERAL DUTIES OF COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
- Review nominations for vacancies on all Division III-specific committees, including men?s and women?s sports committees, and for the Division III positions on committees functioning in an Association-wide or multidivisional capacity.
- Forward appointment recommendation to the Division III Management Council (Division III general committees and Division III positions on Association-wide general committees).
- Forward appointment recommendation to the Division III Championships Committee (Division III sports committees and Division III positions on Association-wide sports and sports rules committees).
- Develop procedures and policies for soliciting nominees, reviewing nominations and recommending appointments.
- Solicit nominees for consideration for committee vacancies.
- Two in-person meetings (February and September).
- Meetings start in the morning and adjourn by noon the following day.
NUMBER OF CONFERENCE CALLS PER YEAR :
- Five to seven one-hour conference calls per year as needed to consider committee vacancies.