COMMITTEE INFORMATION FOR INDIVIDUALS INTERESTED IN POSSIBLY SERVING ON NCAA COMMITTEES
NUMBER OF COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
- Five, four shall be presently or previously on the staff of an active member institution or member conference of the Association; one from the general public and shall not be associated with a collegiate institution, conference, or professional or similar sports organization, or represent coaches or athletes in any capacity.
GENERAL DUTIES OF COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
- Meet on an "as needed basis" in order to participate in hearings involving member institutions which have been alleged to have violated NCAA legislation.At these hearings, determine facts related to alleged violations and, if necessary, impose appropriate penalties or show cause requirement on a member found to be involved in a major violation (or, upon appeal) on a member found to be involved in secondary violations).
- Revise, when necessary, Bylaw 19 (Enforcement) and 32 (Enforcement Procedures), which established operating policies and procedures, including investigative guidelines and
- Carry out any other duties directly related to the administration of the Association's enforcement program.
- Meetings are scheduled on an as needed basis.
NUMBER OF CONFERENCE CALLS:
- Conference calls take place on as needed basis.