COMMITTEE INFORMATION FOR INDIVIDUALS INTERESTED IN POSSIBLY SERVING ON NCAA COMMITTEES
NUMBER OF COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
GENERAL DUTIES OF COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
- Make budgetary recommendations to the Division III Management Council for the conduct of Division III championships.
- Supervise qualification and/or selection procedures for Division III championships.
- Review and act upon recommendations from Division III sports committees regarding the administration of those championships and the financial impact.
- Process other issues related to the administration of the events.
- Act as the final authority regarding championships matters in Division III that are subject to appeal (i.e., excluding appeals of championships selection or assignment in championships competition).
- Appoint the members of the Division III sports committees, subject to the final authority of the Division III Management Council and the Presidents Council.
- There are three meetings a year that last approximately four days ? January, June and September.
NUMBER OF CONFERENCE CALLS PER YEAR (include the usual day of the week and average length of call ):
- There is approximately one (sometimes two) conference call(s) per month lasting at least one hour in length.