Info for prospective students-athletes and parents
What Division III has to offer
- Division III athletics provides a well-rounded collegiate experience that involves a balance of rigorous academics, competitive athletics, and the opportunity to pursue the multitude of other co-curricular and extra-curricular opportunities offered on Division III campuses.
- Division III playing season and eligibility standards minimize conflicts between athletics
and academics, allowing student-athletes to focus on their academic programs and the
achievement of a degree.
- Division III offers an intense and competitive athletics environment for student-athletes
who play for the love of the game, without the obligation of an athletics scholarship.
- Division III athletics departments place special importance on the impact of athletics on
the participants rather than on the spectators. The student-athlete’s experience is of
- Division III athletics departments are dedicated to offering broad-based programs with a
high number and wide range of athletics participation opportunities for both men and
- Division III places primary emphasis on regional in-season and conference competition,
while also offering 36 national championships annually.
- Division III affords student-athletes the opportunity to discover valuable lessons in
teamwork, discipline, perseverance, and leadership, which in turn make student-athletes
better students and responsible citizens.
- Division III features student-athletes who are subject to the same admission standards,
academic standards, housing, and support services as the general student body. The
integration of athletics with the larger institution enables student-athletes to experience
all aspects of campus life.
- Division III encourages student-athletes to take advantage of the many opportunities
available to them, both within and beyond athletics, so that they may develop their full
potential as students, athletes, and citizens.
Last Updated: Aug 21, 2012