Publish date: May 23, 2011
DII announces conference community engagement winners
Conference winners have been announced for the 2011 Division II Community Engagement Award of Excellence.
The national winner will be recognized June 2 at the Division II Community Engagement Workshop in Indianapolis and will receive a $500 award.
The Community Engagement Award of Excellence recognizes Division II institutions that successfully “build bridges” with the communities in which they are located. The commitment to help member institutions build stronger civic relationships is a central part of the Division II philosophy.
Conference winners for 2011 are:
- Arkansas Tech (Gulf South Conference): Project Feed Arkansas.
- Chowan (Central Intercollegiate Athletic Conference): Girls and Women in Sports Day.
- Colorado Christian (Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference): Extreme Community Makeover.
- Cal San Diego (California Collegiate Athletic Association): UCSD Blood Drive.
- East Coast Conference: Fitness Challenge.
- Fairmont State University (West Virginia Intercollegiate Athletic Conference): Put Your Best Fairmont Forward.
- Franklin Pierce (Northeast-10 Conference): Community Halloween.
- Holy Family (Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference): Build a Library with
- Limestone (Conference Carolinas): Playground build.
- Newman (Heartland Conference): Division II Game of the Week.
- Nova Southeastern (Sunshine State Conference): Miracle League Program.
- Pittsburg State (Mid-American Intercollegiate Athletic Association): Ladies Night at the Pitt.
- Saginaw Valley State (Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference): GLIAC Pink Wave.
- Shippensburg (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference): MentorSHIP Program – Kids Night Out.
- Southwest Minnesota State (Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference): SMSU Family Day/Smokefest.
- Texas A&M-Kingsville (Lone Star Conference): Living the Dream Relay.
- Wingate (South Atlantic Conference): Union County Special Olympics.