You are here

Why do I need to register with the NCAA Eligibility Center?

Future student-athlete frequently asked questions



In order to be eligible to play NCAA sports at a Division I or II school, you need to meet certain academic and amateurism requirements. You need to set up a Certification Account with the NCAA Eligibility Center to have your academic and amateurism evaluations completed. If you are not sure if you will play at an NCAA Division I or II institution, or you are planning to play at a Division III institution, you may set up a free Profile Account, which can be transitioned to a Certification Account at a later date if needed.


eFAQ 107