You are here

I want to play a sport at a Division III school, do I need to register with the NCAA Eligibility Center?

Future student-athlete frequently asked questions



Prospective student-athletes who plan to compete at an NCAA Division I or II instiution must register with a Certification Account in order to determine if they are eligible. NCAA Division III schools set their own admissions and eligibility standards, so if you are attending a Division III school you are not required to register with the NCAA Eligibility Center. However, you can create a free Profile Page that will provide you with an NCAA ID number and important reminders during high school. Some Division III schools may ask you to create a Profile Page for record-keeping purposes. You can transition your Profile Page to a Certification Account at any time if you decide to play a Division I or II sport. Visit or contact the Division III school you are planning to attend for more information.


eFAQ 189