Special Olympics Partnership
Welcome to the Division III Special Olympics Initiative
The purpose of the partnership is to improve the lives of Special Olympics athletes through their involvement with Division III student-athletes and to foster a mutual learning experience between Division III student-athletes and Special Olympics athletes.
Through this partnership, Division III student-athletes across the country will be encouraged to participate in existing Special Olympics events, create their own events, or otherwise serve to support Special Olympics organization. The activities pursued by student-athletes will vary in each state and region, tailored to best utilize the student-athletes' time and local resources.
Service activities with Special Olympic athletes could range from sports clinics to bowling, pizza parties or fundraising efforts.
This partnership provides the opportunity for student-athletes to engage with Special Olympics and collaborate with existing student-led programs on campus.
- Links and Resources By State
- Report your Special Olympics Activity
- Special Olympics North America Homepage
- Submit your stories, photos and videos here
Get Engaged: Division III Social Media
- NCAA Division III Facebook page
- NCAA Division III Twitter (#whyd3)
- NCAA Division III YouTube channel
From the Membership
- Wheaton women’s basketball teams up with Heller’s Angels Special Olympic Team
- Haverford women’s soccer hosts clinic and scrimmage for Special Olympics
- Stevenson student-athletes and staff volunteer at Carroll County Special Olympics
- Wheaton women's basketball, Heller's Angels friendship continues to foster
- Sage SAAC members give back and participate in Polar Plunge
- Send your school or conference Special Olympics stories here
- Special Olympics Event Planning Guide
- Links and resources by state
- NCAA Division III and Special Olympics Talking Points
- Strategies for Working with Special Olympics Athletes
- Special Olympics Disability Language Guidelines
- NCAA Division III and Special Olympics Story/Press Release Kit
- NCAA Division III and Special Olympics Logo
- NCAA Division III and Special Olympics PowerPoint Presentation (September 2011)
- 2012-13 NCAA Division III SAAC Roster
- DIII Week Communications Kit
- Division III Purchasing Website
E-mail questions and comments to D3SpecialOlympics@ncaa.org