INSTRUCTIONS FOR STUDENT-ATHLETES
The NCAA Postgraduate Scholarship nomination is to be submitted by the faculty athletics representative (FAR) or by a FAR designee. It is the responsibility of the FAR or FAR designee to ensure all sections of the nomination are submitted to the NCAA national office not later than the sport season deadlines.
The sport season deadlines are as follows:
Fall sports: January 15, 2014
Winter sports: March 31, 2014
Spring sports: June 16, 2014
FARs or FAR designees must nominate qualified student-athletes using the Postgraduate Scholarship online system. In total, there are five sections to be completed. Additionally, FARs must ensure that the nominee’s transcripts are sent to the NCAA national office. The FAR or FAR designee requests the student-athlete's official transcript be sent preferably by electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the NCAA national office. Emails will be sent from the online system to the student-athlete and three individuals for recommendations. The emails are generated after the FAR submits his or her nomination section.
1. FAR nomination: Includes a formal recommendation for the nominee.
2. Student-athlete section: To be completed by the nominee, which includes a formal personal statement.
3. Head coach recommendation.
4. Athletics administrator recommendation.
5. Professor recommendation.
Please note: All recommendations should be viewed as formal recommendations for the nominee.
- The nomination process will be initiated by your Faculty Athletics Representative (FAR) or FAR designee. You may contact your FAR to discuss the nomination process.
- Student-athletes will receive an e-mail with a link to log in to the online system and submit their portion of the nomination. Log in to the system using the e-mail address to which the e-mail message was sent. This e-mail address is initially provided by your FAR or FAR designee when the nomination is started.
- You will submit information after logging in to the online system.
- You may check the status of your nomination by using the link provided in the e-mail sent by the online system. Log in using your e-mail address.
- Student-athletes must work with the FAR or FAR designee to ensure that all sections are completed and transcript(s) are sent to the NCAA national office.