What Does Division III Have to Offer?
• Division III athletics provides a well-rounded collegiate experience that involves a balance of rigorous academics, competitive athletics, and the opportunity to pursue the multitude of other co-curricular and extra-curricular opportunities offered on Division III campuses.
• Division III playing season and eligibility standards minimize conflicts between athletics and academics, allowing student-athletes to focus on their academic programs and the achievement of a degree.
• Division III offers an intense and competitive athletics environment for student-athletes who play for the love of the game, without the obligation of an athletics scholarship.
• Division III athletics departments place special importance on the impact of athletics on the participants rather than on the spectators. The student-athlete’s experience is of paramount concern.
• Division III athletics departments are dedicated to offering broad-based programs with a high number and wide range of athletics participation opportunities for both men and women.
• Division III places primary emphasis on regional in-season and conference competition, while also offering 36 national championships annually.
• Division III affords student-athletes the opportunity to discover valuable lessons in teamwork, discipline, perseverance and leadership, which in turn make student-athletes better students and responsible citizens.
• Division III features student-athletes who are subject to the same admission standards, academic standards, housing and support services as the general student body. The integration of athletics with the larger institution enables student-athletes to experience all aspects of campus life.