COMMITTEE INFORMATION FOR INDIVIDUALS INTERESTED IN POSSIBLY SERVING ON NCAA COMMITTEES
NUMBER OF COMMITTEE MEMBERS :
15 Division III Chief Executive Officers who meet the following criteria:
- At least 2 CEOs to represent each Division III geographical region;
- Seven of the Council members shall serve "at large";
- At least 2 CEOs from institutions with full-time enrollment of 4,000 or more;
- At least 2 CEOs from institutions with full-time enrollment of less than 2,000;
- At least 2 CEOs must be from public institutions;
- At least 2 CEOs must be from private institutions;
- At least 3 CEOs must be female;
- At least 3 CEOs must be male;
- At least 2 CEOs must be ethnic minorities; and
- At least 2 CEOs must not be members of an ethnic minority group.
NCAA Division III Manual (4.4.1)
GENERAL DUTIES OF COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
- Implementing policies adopted by the Association's Executive Committee;
- Establish and direct the general policy of Division III;
- Establish a strategic plan for Division III;
- Budgetary oversight of the Division III guaranteed allocation of resources including championships and non-championships use of funds, make budgetary recommendations to the Executive committee which relate to Division III matters;
- Sponsor Division III legislation and identify proposal which will require a roll-call vote of the membership at the annual Convention;
- Adopt noncontroversial and intent-based amendments, administrative bylaws and regulations to govern Division III between Conventions;
- Ratify, amend or rescind the actions of the Management Council;
- Delegate the resolution of management to the Management Council;
- Approve regulations concerning Division III championships;
- Maintain diversity within its membership, and in the membership of other Division III governance bodies; and
Advise the Executive Committee regarding the employment of the NCAA president.
NCAA Division III Manual (4.4.2)
- The Presidents Council meets on a quarterly basis: during the second week of January at the NCAA Convention, in late April, early August and late October. Meetings are day-long events which are held on weekdays at the National Office in Indianapolis, Indiana, or at the location of the NCAA Convention for the January meeting. Participation in these quarterly meetings typically requires an overnight stay in Indianapolis, with Council members arriving the night prior to the meeting and leaving the next day following the conclusion of the meeting.
NUMBER OF CONFERENCE CALLS PER YEAR :
- Presidents Council meetings are held in person, however, conference calls may be held when Council members serve as representatives to Division III committees and subcommittees.The length and frequency of these meetings varies by group and assignment.
- Presidents Council members are expected to serve on various Division III subcommittees and/or special task force's. Presidents Council members are encouraged to accept such assignments, when possible.