COMMITTEE INFORMATION FOR INDIVIDUALS INTERESTED IN POSSIBLY SERVING ON NCAA COMMITTEES
NUMBER OF COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
GENERAL DUTIES OF COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
- Review nominations for vacancies on all Division II-specific committees, including men's and women's sports committees, and for the Division II positions on committees functioning in an Association-wide or multi-divisional capacity.
- Forward appointment recommendations (at least two recommendations, if possible for each vacancy) to the Division II Management Council (Division II general committees and Division II positions on Association-wide general committees).
- Forward appointment recommendations (at least two recommendations, if possible for each vacancy) to the Division II Championships Committee (Division II sports committees and Division II positions on Association-wide sports and sports rules committees).
- Develop procedures and policies for soliciting nominees, reviewing nominations and recommending appointments.
- Solicit nominees for consideration for committee vacancies.
- Two in-person one-day meetings (January and September). (One night hotel stay)
NUMBER OF CONFERENCE CALLS PER YEAR:
- Five to seven one-hour conference calls per year as needed to consider committee vacancies.