Division II National SAAC Mission Statement
Division II SAAC Mission Statement
The mission of the NCAA Division II Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is to enhance the total student-athlete experience by promoting opportunity for all student-athletes; protecting student-athlete welfare; and fostering a positive student-athlete image.
Division II SAAC Guiding Principles
The Division II SAAC will be guided by the following principles: ethics, integrity, fairness and a respect for diversity which shall include attention to gender, race, ethnicity and sport.
Division II SAAC Purpose
The purpose of the Division II SAAC includes the following:
• Identify issues and initiatives affecting Division II institutions;
• Educate conference and campus Student-Athlete Advisory Committees;
• Review and respond to issues raised by other committees;
• Review and respond to proposed NCAA legislation;
• Distribute and collect conference grids;
• Participate in the Division II legislative process through involvement in the Annual Convention;
• Participate in the annual summit with Division II Management Council;
• Participate in three in-person meetings per year;
• Serve on the Division II Association-Wide Committees, and;
• Support the campus and conference community through community outreach efforts.