COMMITTEE INFORMATION FOR INDIVIDUALS INTERESTED IN POSSIBLY SERVING ON NCAA COMMITTEES
NUMBER OF COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
- 12 members (includes two representatives of the Management Council and a Student-Athlete Advisory Committee member, who serves as a voting member of the committee).
GENERAL DUTIES OF COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
- Determine interpretations of all Division II-specific legislation;
- Incorporate new legislation and interpretations in the NCAA Manual;
- Oversee Division II deregulation efforts, in consultation with other Division II committees;
- Review and consider legislative issues regarding financial aid, eligibility, recruiting, playing and practice seasons, amateurism and personnel limitations; and
- Review and consider issues relating to rules compliance and rules education.
NUMBER OF IN-PERSON MEETINGS PER YEAR:
- Three times per year-end of March, beginning to middle of July and beginning of November. Committee members are also requested to attend the annual convention in January. Meetings are a day and a half. Committee members arrive the night before and meet the next full day and the following half day and are able to depart in the afternoon.
NUMBER OF CONFERENCE CALLS:
- Each committee member serves on a subcommittee of the full Legislation Committee.The Interpretations Subcommittee meets every other week (if necessary) for a one hour conference call to handle interpretive issues.The Legislative Review Subcommittee meets in conjunction with the full Legislation Committee meetings. The full Legislation Committee will meet via conference call (if necessary) one or two times per year. These calls usually occur in the spring and fall and last no more than one or two hours.