Purpose: This committee’s primary charge is to determine interpretations of all Division II-specific legislation and incorporate new legislation and interpretations in the NCAA Manual.
The Legislation Committee also reviews and considers legislative issues of those portions of the Association’s constitution and bylaws that relate to the principles governing financial aid and amateurism, professional sports relations, recruiting, personnel limitations, and playing and practice seasons.
In addition, the committee consults with other Division II committees to review deregulation issues, and it reviews and considers issues regarding rules education and compliance resources.
Finally, the committee reviews and determines the facts related to the certification of a prospective student-athlete’s amateur status on request of an institution. An institution may make such a request if it disagrees with the determination of facts rendered by the NCAA Eligibility Center.
Composition: Twelve members, including two members of the Division II Management Council and one member of the Division II Student-Athlete Advisory Committee.
- March 2015 Meeting Agenda
- November 2014 Meeting Agenda
- September 2014 Teleconference Agenda
- June 2014 Meeting Agenda
- March 2014 Meeting Agenda
- November 2013 Meeting Agenda
- November 2013 Teleconference Agenda
- June 2013 Meting Agenda
- March 11-12, 2013 Meeting Agenda
- November 13-14, 2012 Meeting Agenda
- November 2, 2012 Meeting Agenda
- March 2015 Meeting Report
- November 2014 Meeting Report
- September 2014 Teleconference Report
- June 2014 Meeting Report
- March 2014 Meeting Report
- November 2013 Meeting Report
- November 2013 Teleconference Report
- June 2013 Meeting Report
- March 2013 Meeting Report
- November 2012 In-Person Meeting Report
- November 2012 Teleconference Report