Division II Championships Committee Duties & Responsibilities
COMMITTEE INFORMATION FOR INDIVIDUALS INTERESTED IN POSSIBLY SERVING ON NCAA COMMITTEES
NUMBER OF COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
- 11-person committee and chaired by the vice chair of the Management Council.
GENERAL DUTIES OF COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
- Make budgetary recommendation to the Division II Management Council for the conduct of Division II championships.
- Supervise qualification and/or selection procedures for Division II championships.
- Maintain oversight responsibility for applicable playing regulations in the areas of player safety, financial impact and image of the sport and approve appeals for exceptions to the applicable playing regulation when significant financial impact a may occur (subject to final authority of the Executive Committee).
- Review and act on recommendations from Division II sports committees regarding the administration of those championships.
- Process other issues related to the administration of the events.
- Act for the Division II Presidents Council and Management Council as the final authority regarding championship matters in Division II that are subject to appeal.
- Maintain responsibility for issues involving college all-star football and basketball contest.
- Select sports committee representatives, subject to ratification by the Management Council.
- Administer the Division II Enhancement Fund.
- Serve on divisional or association wide project teams or committees (if available)
- 3 in-person meeting per year, (total of 12 days away from office).Some members may be asked to present at the NCAA annual convention.
NUMBER OF CONFERENCE CALLS PER YEAR (include the usual day of the week ):
- There are approximately four telephone conferences annually. Numerous e-mails should also be expected.
- The championships committee reviews a significant amount of materials at each meeting. Regional and national sport committee experience is helpful.