COMMITTEE INFORMATION FOR INDIVIDUALS INTERESTED IN POSSIBLY SERVING ON NCAA COMMITTEES
NUMBER OF COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
- 11: Bylaw 23.1.1 Composition. The committee shall consist of eleven members including a minimum of one chief executive officer (CEO), one faculty athletics representative (FAR), one director of athletics (AD), one senior woman administrator (SWA) and one conference administrator. The committee shall include at least two members from each of the three Division I membership subdivisions. All committee members should be on the staff of a Division I active institution or conference. A chief executive officer member shall serve as chair.
GENERAL DUTIES OF COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
- Oversee the process governing data collection, analysis and calculation used to determine the academic progress rate (APR), the graduation success rate (GSR) and the process governing data collection of academic performance census (APC).
- Formulate and revise as needed, a statement of the established operating policies and procedures of the academic performance program.
- Determine the appropriate standards on which penalties or rewards apply and notify members of such standards.
- Identify and notify institutions or teams that fail to satisfy the appropriate standards under which historical penalties apply.
- Identify and notify institutions or teams that demonstrate academic excellence under the academic performance program.
- Oversee the administration of a public recognition program for institutions or teams that demonstrate academic excellence under the academic performance program.
- Hear appeals of institutions or teams subject to penalty (or penalties) (both contemporaneous and historical) and any other matters of appeal pursuant to the legislation and policies and procedures of the academic performance program.
- Recommend changes to the academic performance program based on research data analysis and practical experience.
- Interpret academic performance program legislation and policies.
- Perform any other duties directly related to the administration of the academic performance program.
- 4 per year; 2-3 days out of office each meeting.
NUMBER OF CONFERENCE CALLS PER YEAR:
- 4 for 1 hour.