Things to Do Prior to Participation
- Participant Approval Application (background check and educational course)
- Using the Basketball Certification System (BBCS) to Enter Team Roster
- Team Registration in BBCS
Team Administration Functions
- Update or Edit Already Registered Teams
- Check to see if other coaches on your team have been granted an approval:
Access the Approved Coaches Link
- Deletion of Athletes on BBCS Rosters
- Operator/Coach is Required to Keep User Account Contact Information Current
- Permissible Dates - Event
- ALL DEADLINES ARE STRICTLY ENFORCED!
- All deadlines are Eastern Time.
- Circumstances are not considered.
- The BBCS will date stamp all activity within the system. In that regard, the system date for submission of applications and review forms cannot be disputed.
- If additional information is requested by ECAG and cannot be completed within the BBCS, it is the operator's responsibility to produce proof of a timely submission. Therefore, it is recommended that operators send all materials via traceable delivery. If the documents are sent via facsimile, keep verification of the transmission.
- Detailed description: Deadline Policy
Information Regarding Event Rules:
- Mandatory Ed Session Coach
- Minimum Precautions – Separation of NCAA Coaches – Operator
- Non Prospect Aged Teams
- Provision of Equipment, Apparel and Complementary Items
- Reduced Entry or Employment Program
- Separation of NCAA Coaches – Coach
The coach(s) is responsible for ensuring that the team is compliant with NCAA requirements. Make sure you know and understand these requirements and that all of your athletes comply. Violations could result in your inability to coach in NCAA-certified events for a period of up to five years.
- Adjoining State Rule
- Metro Area Rule
- Metro Area Maps
- Adjoining State Waiver/Exception Application Information
- Schedule Restrictions – Athlete on Multiple Teams
- Contact Enforcement Certification and Approvals Group (ECAG)
- Forgot BBCS Username or Password
- Forgot your Log in Information for First Advantage
- Forgot your First Advantage Approval Number
- Online Help and "How To" Guide
- Still Having Trouble Logging In
- Initial Eligibility Information
Reminder of Possible Penalties
By voluntarily participating in NCAA-certified events, coaches/teams are submitting to and agreeing to be compliant with NCAA requirements. Coaches and team administrators are responsible for knowing what the NCAA requires of them and will be held accountable to all information posted online (www.ncaa/ECAG).
ECAG encourages you to frequent the site for changes that may occur. Failure to be compliant or allowing the participation of other coaches/teams that are not compliant is subject to penalties described in the ECAG Adverse Actions and may result in the withdrawal of current or denial of future certification/approval for a period of up to five (5) years.
Changes in Initial-Eligibility Standards Impacting Class of 2016
- NCAA Eligibility Center Website
- Eligibility Center Quick Reference Sheet- A complete breakdown of the present and future NCAA Division I and II initial-eligibility standards.
- New Academic Requirements Document- This document discusses the new academic standards for student-athletes enrolling at a college or university on or after August 1, 2016.
- Initial-Eligibility Online Course- This free course is designed to educate coaches, parents, and counselors about the NCAA's initial-eligibility requirements. After completing the course, you will be more prepared to advise your student-athletes about the necessary steps to become certified to compete in NCAA Divisions I and II athletics.