Access Information Specific to Your Role:
- Participating Team Coaches
- Event Operators (presence of Division I coaches)
- Summer League Operators (participation of Division I student-athletes)
- First Advantage (formerly LexisNexis) Application - Coach/Operator Background Check
- Basketball Certification System (BBCS) - http://web1.ncaa.org/BBCS/exec/login [applications, post-event review forms and team rosters]
- Background Check Application - https://enterprise.fadv.com/pub/l/prospects/NCAA/Events_and_Camps
- Educational Course - http://nfhslearn.com/courses/14000
- ECAG Guidelines for the Basketball Certification Process
- Online Help and "How To" Guide
- Operator/Coach is Required to Keep User Account Contact Information Current
- ALL DEADLINES ARE STRICTLY ENFORCED!
- All deadlines are Eastern Time.
- Circumstances are not considered.
- The BBCS will date stamp all activity within the system. In that regard, the system date for submission of applications and review forms cannot be disputed.
- If additional information is requested by ECAG and cannot be completed within the BBCS, it is the operator's responsibility to produce proof of a timely submission. Therefore, it is recommended that operators send all materials via traceable delivery. If the documents are sent via facsimile, keep verification of the transmission.
- Detailed description: Deadline Policy
NEW FOR SPRING 2015 – MEN’S EVENTS
Legislation regarding the permissible starting time has been revised since the intent had been to minimize prospective student-athletes' missed class time and academic commitments and was not aimed at the activities of NCAA coaches. Current legislation states:
In men’s basketball, for April events, activities involving prospective student-athletes may not begin before 6 p.m. on Friday and must conclude not later than 4 p.m. on Sunday;
Therefore, it would be permissible for NCAA coaches to enter the event facilities and purchase coaches packets prior to 6pm; but any activity involving the athletes would be prohibited until after 6pm (games, warm-ups, educational sessions, check-in and registration involving the prospect, etc.)
PERMISSIBLE DATES –
FOR DI COACH OBSERVATION (EVENTS):
FOR DI STUDENT-ATHLETE PARTICIPATION (LEAGUES):
June 15 and August 31 or the institution's opening day of classes (whichever occurs earlier).