For 2013-14, NCAA Division III will allocate $2.49 million directly to conferences and Association of Division III Independents to administer educational programs and services that best meet local needs in support of the Division III strategic plan. The grant is intended to encourage collaboration and involvement of all Division III constituent groups (presidents, athletics directors, senior woman administrators, faculty athletics representatives, sports information directors, and student-athletes) in planning, decision-making and accountability of programming at the local level to achieve the goals established in the strategic plan and the grant program. Consistent with the legislated leadership role of presidents and chancellors within conference governance, presidential oversight and accountability with the process and budget allocations is paramount.
The estimated amount per conference/Association of Division III Independents is $39,000 - $90,000.
The program is designed in a three-tiered format, consistent with key areas of focus:
- Tier One - Professional Development/Education/Communication.
- Tier Two - Social Responsibility and Integration.
- Tier Three - Quality of the Participation Experience.
To access the online conference grant program (impact and requisition forms), click here.
Click on the following links for additional program information OR download :
- Conference Grant Allocations
- Key Dates
- Third Party Review Form
- Policies and Procedures
- Best Practices Q & A
- Grant Administrator Duties (Sample)
- Planning an Identity and Integration Symposium
- Expense Reimbursement Form (Sample)
- Speaker List - Tier 2 Initiatives
- User Guide