Each year, NCAA Division III will allocates approximately $2.5 million directly to conferences and Association of Division III Independents to administer educational programs and services that best meet local needs in support of the Division III strategic plan. The grant is intended to encourage collaboration and involvement of all Division III constituent groups (presidents, athletics direct reports, athletics directors, senior woman administrators, faculty athletics representatives, sports information directors, and student-athletes) in planning, decision making and accountability of programming at the local level to achieve the goals established in the strategic plan and the grant program. Consistent with the legislated leadership role of presidents and chancellors within conference governance, presidential oversight and accountability with the process and budget allocations is paramount.
The estimated annual amount that is distributed to each conference and the Association of Division III Independents is between $39,000 and $90,000, dependent on how many member institutions are in the conference.
The program is designed to provide enhancements within three key areas of focus:
- Tier One: Professional Development/Education/Communication.
- Tier Two: Social Responsibility and Integration.
- Tier Three: Quality of the Participation Experience.
Grant administrators wishing to access the online conference grant program (impact and requisition forms), please click here (password required).
For a detailed online grant program users guide, Click Here.
Click on the following links for additional program information OR download:
- 2015-16 Conference Grant Allocations
- Key Dates
- Third Party Review Form
- 2015-16 Policies and Procedures
- Best Practices and Q&A
- Grant Administrator Duties (Sample)
- Planning an Identity and Integration Symposium – Tier 2 initiative
- Expense Reimbursement Form (Sample)
- Speaker list - tier 2 initiatives