COMMITTEE INFORMATION FOR INDIVIDUALS INTERESTED IN POSSIBLY SERVING ON NCAA COMMITTEES
NUMBER OF COMMITTEE MEMBERS
AUTHORITY OF COMMITTEE MEMBERS
- Determine all matters pertaining to the reinstatement of eligibility for a student-athlete who is ineligible as a result of a violation of NCAA legislation.
- In addition, the committee has authority over the amateurism certification process and the following waivers: athletics activity, extension of eligibility, hardship and season of competition.
- Committee may also create and adopt policies and procedures and guidelines for use by the SAR staff regarding the reinstatement and waiver processes.
NUMBER OF IN-PERSON MEETINGS PER YEAR
- Two in-person meetings per year.
- Meetings are two days in length and generally occur in December and May.
- Conducts association wide business alongside Divisions II and III Committees on Student-Athlete Reinstatement.
CONFERENCE CALL EXPECTATIONS
- Committee is expected to hold Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 2:30 to 3:30 Eastern, available for conference calls.
- Calls may include teleconference appeals of staff decisions, review of flexible decisions, or additional information as necessary.