Division I Student-Athlete Reinstatement Committee Duties & Responsibilities
COMMITTEE INFORMATION FOR INDIVIDUALS INTERESTED IN POSSIBLY SERVING ON NCAA COMMITTEES
NUMBER OF COMMITTEE MEMBERS
GENERAL DUTIES OF COMMITTEE MEMBERS
- Committee has the authority under NCAA Bylaw 14.12 to determine all matters pertaining to the policies and procedures for the reinstatement of eligibility for a student-athlete who is ineligible as a result of a violation of NCAA legislation.In addition, committee has authority over various waivers (e.g. extensions of eligibility, seasons of competition waivers, etc.).
- Committee has two in person meetings every year. Meetings are three days in length. Meetings occur in December and June.
- Committee meets with Division II and Division III reinstatement committee during both December and June meeting.
NUMBER OF CONFERENCE CALLS PER YEAR (include the usual day of the week )
- Approximately 20 calls per year to hear institutions? appeals of staff decisions in a reinstatement case.
- Additionally, three to four other calls as needed per year.
- Committee provides oversight and guidance to the reinstatement staff regarding the reinstatement process. Staff makes all initial decisions; committee serves as appellate body for all staff decisions.In addition, committee sets policy and guidelines for reinstatement process and reviews all decisions made by the staff where a different decision was reached as a result of the new philosophy.