HOME | COMMITTEE | SELECTIONS | BRACKET
HOW DOES THE NCAA PICK THE TEAMS?
Perhaps the most popular question asked by sports fans in March is, "How does the NCAA pick the teams for March Madness?"
We are giving you a chance to look behind the curtain to see how the teams are chosen.
MARCH MADNESS TIMELINE
March 16; Championship Selection Show, CBS, 6 p.m. ET
March 18-19; Dayton, Ohio
April 5, 7; North Texas
- DIGITAL: Watch All the Games: NCAA March Madness Live
- STORY: Rule changes designed to reduce physical play, create offensive flow
- STORY: Media learns new bracketing principles during NCAA tourney mock selection
- Q&A: March Madness: Breaking Down Selections
- IN-DEPTH: Establishing the bracket: Principles and Procedures
- RELATED: Women's Basketball Selections 101