The education and community engagement group includes five offices at the NCAA devoted to serving student-athletes, member schools and conference offices. Internship opportunities are available within the offices of inclusion, leadership development and ECE Initiatives.
Postgraduate interns work directly with student-athletes, athletics department staff, administrators in higher education and affiliate groups to provide resources and educational programming to the membership.
Over 85 percent of the interns who have worked in these offices obtained successful employment within college athletics and higher education.
"In my internship, I get the chance to work on several different projects and meet with a lot of people. Some of my favorite projects have been preparing for the upcoming NCAA engagement at the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), planning for heritage celebrations in the national office, and meeting inclusion champions in Indianapolis and throughout the membership."
-Mandy Pulido, 2014-15 inclusion intern
"Over the course of the academic year, I aid in the planning, execution, and follow-up of more than 20 leadership development programs. The first portion of my internship consisted of a large amount of traveling for the Life Skills Symposium, Leadership Institute and the Pathway Program. During these programs, I led icebreakers, spoke on a student-athlete panel, assisted with onsite logistics, engaged in sessions and introduced speakers."
- Sunny Russell, 2014-15 leadership development intern
“As an intern, I work primarily with the Accelerating Academic Success Program (AASP), a grant program aimed at helping limiting resource institutions improve the academic standing of their student-athletes. In a typical day I assist managing the administrative aspects of a grant program that funds academic support programs at 10 Division I institutions. I attend all of the grant team meetings, where national office staff who serve as liaisons to each funded campus discuss their institution’s progress towards its academic goals.
- Simone Egwu, 2014-15 education and community engagement intern
Former postgraduate interns
- Jocelyn Fisher (University of South Florida) senior associate director of athletics/senior woman administrator
- Shalini Gogawale (University of Michigan): director of women's lacrosse operations
- Arthur Hightower (San Diego Chargers) director of player engagement
- Scott Koenning (Northwestern University) assistant director of career enhancement & employer relations
- Rekha Patterson (Southeast Missouri State University) head women’s basketball coach
- Davon Robb (Big Ten Conference) associate director, football/basketball operations
For more information about the postgraduate internship program, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.