The administrative services group, in support of the NCAA and its financial mission, is committed to responsible and ethical stewardship of the Association's information, physical, human and fiscal assets. The administrative services group is dedicated to providing the highest quality of service and support for an environment conducive to excellence and change.
The administrative services interns are primarily responsible for assisting the finances and operations staff. Duties include: daily accounting; assist with reporting and analysis; and work with operations, revenue distributions, internal audit, information services, and human resources.
Interns who have worked in the administrative services have gone on to work in the NCAA administrative services and championships groups, public accounting, athletics business offices on campus, or obtained a certified public accountant license.
"It's difficult to describe a typical day in the accounting department, as my tasks are varied and each day is different. As the administrative services intern, my days consist of uploading journal entries into the accounting reporting system, reviewing and approving staff and committee expense reports, and assisting with accounts receivable uploads and reports. Another example is my participation in the audit process of three conferences later this year."
- Ellen Senf, 2014-15 administrative services intern
Former postgraduate interns
- Lori Ebihara (University of Maryland, College Park) senior associate athletics director/chief of staff and senior woman administrator
- Catherine Colwell (University of Louisiana at Monroe) director of compliance
- John Baldwin (NCAA) assistant director of championships
- Jerome Rodgers (Northern Illinois) senior associate athletics director for compliance and administration
For more information about the postgraduate internship program, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.