The Today's Top 10 Awards provide the Association with the opportunity to honor 10 outstanding senior student-athletes of the preceding academic year.
Eligibility and Nominations Process
- The nominee must be a varsity letter-winner.
- The nominee must have a minimum GPA of 3.200.
- The nominee must complete intercollegiate eligibility during the 2014-15 academic year to be eligible.
- The nominee must attend the January 2016 awards celebration.
- There is no set male-female ratio. At least one winner will be selected from both Divisions II and III.
- Geographical equality is not necessary.
- An institution may nominate more than one student-athlete. No more than three Today's Top 10 recipients may come from any sport.
- There is no limit on winners from one institution.
- Nominations are submitted through the NCAA Program Hub (Nominations will be accepted from late May to August.)
Selections will be based on the 2014-15 fall, winter and spring sports. The NCAA Honors Committee will select the recipients in September.
- Athletics ability and achievement: 50 percent
- Academic achievement: 30 percent
- Character, leadership and activities: 15 percent
- Five additional percentage points may be awarded in any category
NCAA Honors Program